Thank you for your interest in enrolling at Crestview Local Schools. We are proud to serve preschool through high school students in Richland and Ashland counties and look forward to getting to know your child and your family.
To begin the enrollment process for either K-12 or preschool, please review the steps below. If you are inquiring about Open Enrollment or Tuition-Based Enrollment, scroll down for more information.
1. Schedule an Appointment
Appointments may be made by calling 419-895-1700 ext. 17002 or ext. 17000. The office hours for the board of education during the school year are from 7:30 a.m. until 4:00 p.m. Summer office hours may change. Walk-ins are accepted, but an appointment will help ensure that someone is available to assist with your registration. Only a parent, guardian, or legal custodian may enroll a child.
2. Gather your paperwork and complete the Pre-registration Packet
Each of the following items is part of your child's registration. Preparing this information in advance will give your family a change to gather all of information need to accurately complete your child's information.
Paper copies of the registration packet can be picked up at the Board of Education office during business hours.
- Kindergarten Registration
- Student Registration Form
- Home Language Survey Form
- Speech and Hearing Survey Form
- New Student Information Form - Grades K-8 Only
- Bus Information & Change of Address Form for New & Existing Students
- Emergency Medical Form 2017-2018
- Kindergarten Parent Survey - Kindergarten Students Only
- Sworn Statement of Residency (if needed)
- Acknowledgement & Media Permissions (Information and Forms page)
Preschool Application Packet
Several of the above PDF files can be edited using Adobe Reader. Right-click to save the file your local computer.
3. Enroll (Click here for pdf version)
You will meet with our Records Secretary or another one of our Board Office team to complete your registration. Make sure to have all of the required documentation in hand when you arrive. We are unable to complete your registration without each item.
- Student Birth certificate (copy of the original certified birth certificate)
- Student Immunization record (Link: Immunization Requirements)
- Photo ID of parent/guardian
- Two (2) proofs of residency from the following list
- Utility bill (electric or gas)
- Tax bill
- Purchase agreement for new home
- Lease agreement for rental property
- Rental or homeowner’s insurance policy or statement
- Paycheck/employer letter (on employer letterhead)
- Voter registration card
- Driver’s license with current Crestview district address
- Residency affidavit
- Foster placed students will also require the journal entry from the court
- Court papers (legal custody or change of custody) if applicable
Other information that will be helpful during registration
- Social Security Number
- Information about special services received at previous school (IEP/MFE/504 Plan)
- Copy of grade card or transcripts from prior school
- Previous school name, address, phone number and fax number
Procedure for Custody Verification for Students in All Grades
All custody paperwork must be court-stamped by a family court magistrate or judge. Documents without an official court stamp will not be accepted. The school district will make and retain a photocopy of each document for the student’s confidential file.
Residency and Custody Paperwork
Please Note: Without all necessary residency and custody paperwork on file in school offices, students will not be permitted to start the school year.
McKinney-Vento Homeless Education Assistance Act
For more information contact the Crestview Board of Education Office (419-895-1700).
Paid Tuition-Based Enrollment and Open Enrollment
Students living outside the Crestview School District can apply to attend Crestview as a paid tuition student. The State Department of Education sets Crestview's tuition rate each year. Crestview Local School District is not an Open Enrollment school district at this time.
Parents who wish to send their student to Crestview as a tuition student, must send a letter to the Superintendent, complete a Paid Tuition Request/Enrollment Application and obtain board approval before being enrolled. Please contact the Board of Education office for more details. Please direct your request to:
Crestview Local Board of Education
1575 State Route 96
Ashland, OH 44805
Early Kindergarten Admission
A parent may request early admission to kindergarten if the child turns five years of age after the district’s kindergarten entrance date (August 1) and before January 1. The local board of education shall determine entrance through a standardized testing program. The Crestview Local School District considers a child eligible for entrance into “regular” kindergarten if s/he attains the age of five on or before August 1st of the year s/he applies for entrance. A child under the age of six (6) who is enrolled in kindergarten will be considered of compulsory school age.
By parental request a child may be tested for early admission to kindergarten if s/he will be five (5) years of age between August 2nd and January 1st, inclusive, and exhibit the mental, social and emotional standards established by the Crestview Local Board of Education. If your child turns 5 years of age after January 1st and you believe s/he is a viable candidate for early entrance, please contact the Gifted Services office.
The Crestview Board of Education has adopted the State of Ohio’s Model Student Acceleration Policy for Advanced Learners:
“Children who will not yet be the proper age for entrance to kindergarten or first grade by the first day of January of the school year for which admission is requested shall also be evaluated for possible early admittance if referred by an educator within the district, a pre-school educator who knows the child, or pediatrician or psychologist who knows the child. Children who will not yet be the proper age for entrance to kindergarten or first grade by the first day of January of the school year for which admission is requested may also be evaluated for possible early admittance at the discretion of the principal of the school to which the student may be admitted.”
The Early Entrance to kindergarten process shall be reviewed annually by the Early Entrance to Kindergarten Committee.